Last Updated: May 25th 2018
Protecting the privacy and Personal Data of our users is of utmost importance to SYSTRAN. SYSTRAN is collecting and processing personal data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) put in place by the European Commission since May 25th 2018.
- Visitors to our websites
- Users of our free online services
1. Data controller
SYSTRAN has full control over which personal data are collected and how they are processed. For any questions on personal data protection please contact email@example.com.
Our data controller is:
5 rue Feydeau - 75002 Paris - FRANCE
Tél. : +33 (0)1 44 82 49 00
2. Type of information gathered, tracked or used by SYSTRAN
The information in relation to you which is gathered, tracked or used by SYSTRAN through our use of the Services is of two different types:
- Personal Data you voluntarily supply when you subscribe, order, complete a form, register for certain Services or provide your e-mail address
- Non-personally identifiable information, which includes tracking information collected as you navigate through our Services (collectively “Collected Information”).
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser to a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
The only information SYSTRAN automatically collects is the tracking information related to the use of its Services. This information is anonymous and is gathered through SYSTRAN's servers' log files. These log files record generic information, such as the number of visits our web site receives, the types of browsers used and the number of files downloaded, but never Personal Data.
B. Personal Data
SYSTRAN does not collect information that personally identifies you as an individual except when you provide such specific information on a voluntary basis. There may be occasions where specific Personal Data (Name, Email, Phone Number, Company) are requested before you can enter certain sections of SYSTRAN's website as part of the registration process for the Services, or as part of your continued use of the Services. In all such cases, SYSTRAN will collect only Personal Data that is voluntarily provided by you and undertakes that such information will be kept strictly confidential.
3. Consent to processing your Personal Data by SYSTRAN
By returning or submitting a form with your Personal Data to SYSTRAN, you consent to:
- SYSTRAN processing your Personal Data for the purposes described in clause 4 below; and
- SYSTRAN transferring your Personal Data to countries (our branches in Seoul, Republic of Korea and San Diego, United States of America) which do not provide the same level of data protection as France and the E.U. for the purposes described in clause 4 below.
4. Use by SYSTRAN of Collected Information
A. Anonymous information
The log file information allows SYSTRAN to attempt to better target your preferences.
Cookies allow us to personalize the relevant Services for you and to provide you with information that fits your needs and desires. For instance, once you register for a Service online, a cookie is written to your computer so that you will not need to type information (such, for instance, as a password) in the future to obtain support.
Anonymous Collected Information obtained through log files and cookies is used and analyzed only at an aggregate level to help SYSTRAN understand subscribing and purchasing patterns trends and patterns and to perform statistical analyses to improve the Services or to gather marketing information. SYSTRAN also uses anonymous Collected Information for Services' development purposes and to generally inform advertisers about the nature of its user base. We also use Collected Information to allow advertising to be targeted, in aggregate, to the users for whom such advertising is most pertinent.
If you do not want anonymous Collected Information used in this manner, you can disable or delete the cookies on your computer.
B. Personal Data
Once you have accepted to provide your Personal Data, it will be used by SYSTRAN to attempt to better meet your needs, inform you of company news and new Services, target and provide personalized offers and Services that SYSTRAN knows you may be interested in.
If you change your mind and do not want your Personal Data to be used in this manner anymore, you can opt-out during the registration process or change your account information.
5. SYSTRAN's obligations in relation to Personal Data
Any Personal Data you submit through SYSTRAN's websites will be held in the strictest confidence. To ensure this, all forms on our websites that send Personal Data to a database that may be used in the future, e.g. mailing lists, registration, etc., have check boxes where you specify whether or not you would like to receive information from us in the future. Forms used just to send emails, post messages, etc., do not include the option, but will never be used to send information. If you choose to receive information from us, each message will also include instructions on how to “unsubscribe” from future mailings should you wish to cancel.
SYSTRAN complies with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) put in place by the European Commission since May 25th, 2018.
SYSTRAN has given prior notice to the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés (National IT and Freedoms Commission) of the processing of Personal Data and shall give, if applicable, similar prior notifications to all competent supervisory authorities.
SYSTRAN has implemented technologies and put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and security of the processing of Personal Data and protect the stored Personal Data against accidental or unlawful alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access or improper use. SYSTRAN's employees, processors or any other person acting under the authority of SYSTRAN as controller, who have access to Personal Data, are obliged to respect your privacy and the confidentiality of your Personal Data.
SYSTRAN will not sell, make available to, or share Personal Data relating to you with, third parties without your consent, unless (i) required to do so by law or by judicial order or (ii) if SYSTRAN in good faith believes that such action is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend SYSTRAN's rights and property; (3) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Services; or (4) protect the personal safety or property of SYSTRAN's users or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
6. Your rights in relation to your Personal Data
You have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- A right to be informed: You are entitled to receive information from SYSTRAN (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding the processing of your personal Data. The information will be provided in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible document, written in clear and plain language, and free of charge.
- A right to access to your Personal Data, without constraint at reasonable intervals and without excessive delay. This access must be free of charge.
- A right to rectify: You are entitled to have your personal data rectified if inaccurate or incomplete and SYSTRAN will respond to a rectification request within one month if not deemed complex.
- The right to erasure: if you request SYSTRAN to erase your personal data, we must comply easily and securely, as long as there is no compelling reason for possession and continued processing.
- A right to object, on legitimate grounds, and to withdraw your consent, to the processing of your Personal Data. You also have the right to object, on request and free of charge, to the processing of Personal Data that SYSTRAN anticipates being processed for the purposes of direct marketing.
7. Text and Translations
The data that you translate with our free online services provided on our website (including but not limited to: demo-PNMT translator, SYSTRANet or Free SYSTRANLinks) is not stored permanently and not shared to any of our customer nor third party.
For more information on our free translation tools usage, please refer to SYSTRAN's Terms of Service.
Nevertheless, please remind that you should not use our free translation tools to translate personal data and should check out our professional secured solutions catalog here http://www.systransoft.com/translation-products for GDPR compliance.
8. Contact SYSTRAN